At Hillwood we have an active Parent Council and Parent Association who work hard to develop the wider life of the school. The Parent Council meets 6 times per year; please get in touch with the school office if you are interested in becoming a member.
Parents are welcomed to be:
- Involved with their child’s education and learning;
- Be active participants in the life of the school; and
- Express their views on school education generally and work in partnership with their children’s schools.
The main aims of the Parent Council are:
- To support the school in its work with pupils
- To represent the views of parents
- To promote contact between the school, parents, pupils, providers of nursery education and the community
- To report to the Parent Forum
- To be involved in the appointment of senior promoted staff.
- To raise funds for the school for the benefit of pupils (in some schools the PTA/PA fulfils this role).
For more information on parental involvement or to find out about parents as partners in their children’s learning, please contact the school or visit the Parentzone website at www.parentzonescotland.gov.uk